” Thanksgiving is the meal we aspire for other meals to resemble.”
Through community partnerships and donations, organizations, counties and cities across metro Atlanta offer free or reduced-cost holiday meals for people who need them.
Here are a variety of locations offering Thanksgiving meals and food assistance through the holidays:
- North Fulton Community Charities is hosting several food distribution days before Thanksgiving times vary Friday, Saturday and Sunday. A full schedule can be found at nfcchelp.org/thanksgiving-food-distribution.
- The Salvation Army’s annual Thanksgiving meal is served in downtown Atlanta on Thanksgiving Day. Salvationarmyatlanta.org
- Meals on Wheels Atlanta. A full database of participating organizations can be found at mealsonwheelsamerica.org/signup/find-programs
- The Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Office is hosting a free Thanksgiving giveaway drive-thru every Monday.
- Hosted by Mayor Deana Holiday Ingraham, the city of East Point’s third annual Thanksgiving Brunch requires no prior registration. The event on Thanksgiving Day
- There are a variety of food pantries and distribution sites open throughout the holiday season. For a full map of partnering food banks and mobile pantries in and around Atlanta, visit acfb.org/get-help.